Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Survivalism, The Good Soldier, In This Twilight, & A Slip: A Year Zero Post.

So.
I've been working on Year Zero quite a bit lately (I'm considering hiatusing How Did You Think We'd Get By Without You?). And so here's a few things I've been up to in the world of writing.

Extended Survivalism (which will be YZ chapter three)
I've gotten one main criticism on Survivalism, on how it feels rushed. Truly, out of my three completed YZ chapters, it is the second-shortest (Hyperpower! is the shortest, at between 500-800 words, but that was to make a point. and it has Nils). So when I finally put up Year Zero, chapter three will not be the Survivalism we all know and love.
It will be the epic EXTENDED version of Survivalism!
Think of the current Survivalism one-shot as...the radio edit of a single. That works.
Y'know "MY HEART MY HEART MY HEART IS EMPTY TOO! WOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

The Good Soldier (YZ chapter four)
I'm working on it. I started writing it last night. I assure you, it's gonna be epic.

In This Twilight/Zero-Sum (YZ chapters 15&16)
I'm actually writing these already. Zero-Sum is In This Twilight from Davey's POV, basically, but it's there to show a contrast. I left it open at the end for the Sequel which will happen when Trent releases YZ2. But it's also a good close if that never happens. So yay.

A Slip
Basically, the two months between Beginning of the End & Survivalism focusing on One Character, with a Hundam subplot. Totally set to The Slip by NIN.

Well, I'm here to kick ass and chew gum, and I'm all out of gum, so I'm gonna kick some writing ass now. Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment