Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Meet Your Master Teasers!

(this is still Suki, posting off another account)

I'm gonna do a Me, I'm Not on this one. For everyday I don't post this chapter, I will give you guys two teasers. Trent's a bit of a sadistic bastard in this one.
I'm giving you guys pretty meaty teasers because you've been waiting since November for this chapter.

*

DAY ONE:
teaser one:
"Shut up now, this'll only hurt a minute."

Before he could protest, I hit him hard in the temple with my gun. He was out cold less than a second later, his head lolling on my arm. I grabbed his limp arms, locked together by handcuffs, and started to drag him across the hall. Blood dripped down the side of his head, settling amongst the thickly carpeted floor. It sort of looked like a glass of red wine that had been knocked down, spilled all over the white carpeting.

The blood didn't bother me. They'd figure out he was missing soon enough, even without a trail of blood leaving his office.
teaser two:
"Puget, take vanguard. Behind me, check out for any followers, got it?"

"Got it."
One step at a time, down into the belly of the beast, into the bowels of Hell. It was going to be a not-so-easy out, and I didn't want to further injure myself so soon into the mission. The stairs felt longer this time, an eternity of a slope that would never take me to my destination. And just as that thought crossed my mind, I was on even footing again. Now it was just into the blood bath, to see all the sights a once-battle has to offer.

DAY TWO:

teaser three:
Davey stood at the mouth of the hallway, his battered combat boots standing in a puddle of blood. Now it was time to cut through the carnage, see what we had to see.
"Come on, lead the way," Davey said, his voice strong. He hadn't spoken since... probably since Billie Joe and Tré had been shot down. An eternity ago, only in a few hours. He grinned at me, stepping aside to show the trail of death we'd left behind. Body upon body of soldiers, all soaked in blood. I noticed, too, that Davey was bleeding from a few wounds -- a graze on the side of his stomach, a clean cut through two parts of his right arm.
I took my place at the head of the group, again, just like our escape from the Exterminal: a gun in my hand, sweat running down my back, and a mission against the government to accomplish.
teaser four:
"Well then, let's go," I sighed, taking my first step into the deep, dark unknown-but-known.
Squich, squelch, crack!
The sound of the bodies breaking under our shoes. Nothing could stop us from making out journey, nothing short of Death himself coming down here and stealing our souls.

No-one said a word, no-one tried to breathe the sickening air that was filled with decay. Thankfully, our boots were high enough so that the blood and soft flesh would only cake on the outside and not seep in. Hopefully -- though I was never one to hope -- the boots would be reusable, what with all the shit that was on them at this point, only a few meters in, and what would attach itself by the end of the tunnel. Vaguely, I wondered why I hadn't thought of stealing gas masks. Then I remembered that I hadn't thought we'd have to go out over a sea of dead soldiers' bodies.

1 comment: